PDA

View Full Version : Where to get runflats fitted??? UPDATE

vintageb3
19th December 2006, 02:24 AM
Hi Guys...

I'm waiting on two runflats for my 18” JCW R95’s being delivered from mytyres.co.uk. I’m getting them sent directly to the fitting station I chose from the mytyres site whilst ordering. I choose this station because they have been around for many years…and work mainly on sports cars. I called the fitting station today…just to touch base and ask what time they finish on Friday. I told them about the tyres that were on the way to them. I asked if they would be able to fit the tyres on Friday if they came in early enough.

I got silence at the end of the phone. Then the guy said “Look mate, sorry but I’ve never heard of mytyres.co.uk in my life…you better call the boss back in an hour”

So I called back…and the boss said “Yeah…I’ve heard of that crowd…they called me three years ago and asked if I wished to be a listed fitting station…you are the first one that has called in regards to a fitting since that phone call." He went on “Young Danny told me that its runflats on an 18” alloy…sorry but I’d rather not fit them. If I damage your alloy…its hassle for me…and hassle for you…sorry.” He added “I have your number Mark…I will call you when they come in”

So…now getting my tyres fitted before Christmas Day looks unlikely.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a tyre-fitting garage that may be open next week? I would prefer to use a place that is used to fitting runflats on 18"'s

I’m in Fife but could travel anywhere in central Scotland.

Thanks

mark

Craig
19th December 2006, 02:44 AM
Mark,

sorry to hear your having bother. :disapprove:

I have used a local garage to me for all my Tyre fitting requirements (and they do touch runflats...) they have always looked after my wheels and given good service and advice.

They will no doubt be open all this week and only closed Mon Tues next week. They are Forsyth of Denny (near Junction 9 of the M9). There telephone number is 01324 822141 (ask for the Tyre section).

Hope you get it sorted.

Craig:D

vintageb3
19th December 2006, 03:03 AM
Hi Craig

This could work for me...I finish up on Friday...and really want to get these tyres fitted ASAP….well that’s if they even turn up on Friday!

I have to take my Dad into hospital in Edinburgh on 29 December for a small operation...then dash through to Glasgow to a rehearsal studio for work. In the back of my mind is the possibility of me having to rush back to the hospital in Edinburgh (God forbid) and I don’t want to have to worry about my tyres that are still legal…but only just. They are just spinning in this weather.

I do realise that new tyres can be as slippery in this weather until they are ”run-in”….but I still would feel better knowing that new tyres were on the car.

Thanks so much for the help

P.S….Hope Santa has a MINI logo on his bag of goodies for you…my fingers are crossed for you and Jude!

mark

Craig
19th December 2006, 03:42 AM
Thanks Mark - keeping my fingers crossed it's here for Xmas.. :D

Hope you get your tyres sorted OK.. ;)

ianking
19th December 2006, 04:01 AM
It might be a bit far for you but Ostles Tyres in Galashiels are very good. They have a special tyre fitting mchine for runflats. They take very good care of the car and the wheels and they give you a coffee while you wait.

Crombers
19th December 2006, 06:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

I have used a local garage to me for all my Tyre fitting requirements (and they do touch runflats...) they have always looked after my wheels and given good service and advice.

They will no doubt be open all this week and only closed Mon Tues next week. They are Forsyth of Denny (near Junction 9 of the M9). There telephone number is 01324 822141 (ask for the Tyre section).

& I can confirm this. Forsyth's are superb with tyres :approve:

johnsop1
19th December 2006, 07:32 AM
Hey Ian - you must be a charmer - Ostles have never offered my a coffee:)

vintageb3
19th December 2006, 04:43 PM
Ian and Crombers...thank you.

Borders is a bit far....but then again...it could be a nice run ;)

Thanks guys!

mark

Neil and Lorna
19th December 2006, 05:00 PM
Ostles. Galashiels.

Hey! stuff the coffee arrange it around a film at the nearest Cinema about 5 Mins walk away.:D:D:D:D

Neil.:):):):)

vintageb3
20th December 2006, 03:04 AM
The tyres have arrived today and I've picked them up....so now I'm wondering if any of these places are open late any night this week...still have work to finish up before we break for Christmas...

Bah Humbug!

:(

mark

Craig
20th December 2006, 03:08 AM
Mark, give forsyths a ring, they sometimes open late on Thursdays.... see what they can do for you...;)

best of luck:D

vintageb3
20th December 2006, 03:18 AM

Mark, give forsyths a ring, they sometimes open late on Thursdays.... see what they can do for you...;)

best of luck:D

I will call them tommorow Craig...Hopefully they can fit me in!

Thanks again

mark

Scottie
20th December 2006, 03:46 AM
SMS @ the back O'Hill Stirling. Good guys and if I was with you I might have got them fitted for nothing:(;) Derk will look after you.

Craig. Forsyth's:eek::eek: remolds maye or scrap but Forsyth's;):p

vintageb3
20th December 2006, 04:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

SMS @ the back O'Hill Stirling. Good guys and if I was with you I might have got them fitted for nothing:(;) Derk will look after you.

Hi Fiona...Are these guys nearer Fife..or further away?...Do you have a number for them please?

Thanks to all!

mark

Scottie
20th December 2006, 05:19 AM
they have a place in Alloa

Craig
20th December 2006, 05:29 AM

easy now Fi..... these guys have always looked after my wheels and tyres, I would not send anyone there if I didn't think they were good enough for me...:D:D

just ask Crombers - they sorted his runflat on Sat and gave him first class service...:approve::approve:

Scottie
20th December 2006, 05:33 AM

easy now Fi..... these guys have always looked after my wheels and tyres, I would not send anyone there if I didn't think they were good enough for me...:D:D

just ask Crombers - they sorted his runflat on Sat and gave him first class service...:approve::approve:

:p

Crombers
20th December 2006, 08:25 AM

I was well impressed , standard of workmanship was A1 & if Forsyth's can do a good quote on future tyres then I'll be going there, no danger.
I recently had two new tyres fitted by a small Glasgow outfit who to be fair offered me runflats at £110 per corner (Pirelli's). Noticed that one of the tyres was losing pressure so back I went to same outfit. "No probs sir" & after 10 mins , "that should be you sorted now" A day later kinda hoping things were fixed & 'bugger me' lost half the pressure once more. Mentioned this to CraigyD who pointed me in the direction of Forsyth's. Off came said wheel (again) & away to work went the young chap. This time we watched what he was doing & without boring you with the details , this guy knew his trade. 15-20 mins later after a full alloy rim clean & tyre refit (all for a tenner:approve:) we were offski & I waited a day or so to check the pressure. No need , all fixed & ready to invade Engerland next week :approve:

vintageb3
20th December 2006, 08:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

I was well impressed , standard of workmanship was A1 & if Forsyth's can do a good quote on future tyres then I'll be going there, no danger.
I recently had two new tyres fitted by a small Glasgow outfit who to be fair offered me runflats at £110 per corner (Pirelli's). Noticed that one of the tyres was losing pressure so back I went to same outfit. "No probs sir" & after 10 mins , "that should be you sorted now" A day later kinda hoping things were fixed & 'bugger me' lost half the pressure once more. Mentioned this to CraigyD who pointed me in the direction of Forsyth's. Off came said wheel (again) & away to work went the young chap. This time we watched what he was doing & without boring you with the details , this guy knew his trade. 15-20 mins later after a full alloy rim clean & tyre refit (all for a tenner:approve:) we were offski & I waited a day or so to check the pressure. No need , all fixed & ready to invade Engerland next week :approve:

This is the kind of recomendation that I was looking for to be honest. I really don't what someone fitting tyres to my alloys...if they are going to cause me problems...or damage my alloy. I'm sure that both tyre fitting services are excellent...but as I have Forsyth's number...I will contact them tomorrow.

Thanks to all

mark

Scottie
20th December 2006, 05:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3

quote:Originally posted by crombers

This is the kind of recomendation that I was looking for to be honest. I really don't what someone fitting tyres to my alloys...if they are going to cause me problems...or damage my alloy. I'm sure that both tyre fitting services are excellent...but as I have Forsyth's number...I will contact them tomorrow.

Thanks to all

mark

make sure and take your wellies;):p

Crombers
20th December 2006, 10:08 PM

make sure and take your wellies;):p

Dinna listen to this yin :p;):D