PDA

View Full Version : unbelievable

dundeered
16th December 2006, 05:27 AM
can not believe the incompetence of john clarks dundee, for anyone not familiar to my situation ( went in to get mini on bmw finance ,got declined tried to set me up with black horse at some stupid repayment amount, sent my dad in to get finance they said he could not do this, so left it at that.... dad gave me money and went to see claire at menzies all sorted and awaiting car )
2 messages on 1571 from jc, i just ignored them then 3rd message asking me to please contact them so nothing better to do this afternoon i give them a call to be told " great news mr anderson your car will be ready for pick up next week" , now hold on i bumped you guys and went elsewhere... "oh very sorry, i know nothing of this" ... so ive now got two coming to me .... afterwork get my arse up there ready for a fight , but the guy i deal with is much nicer,politer and sorts out mix up , basically they went and ordered car and sorted finance out without my knowledge.

vintageb3
16th December 2006, 06:46 AM
And you are going ahead at JC?

I wouldn't give them a second chance.

If this is the service you get before you buy the car...what's the likelihood of getting good service after you are lumbered with the car.

Go with what you feel in your stomach…who was better with pre sales JC..or Menzies?

mark

vintageb3
16th December 2006, 06:50 AM
Have you seen this thread DR?

quote:Originally posted by Nenah

STILL havent got the Park Lane yet - some numpty at JC's cashed in the taxi disc so needs to be taxed but dont have V5 paperwork as sent to previous owner who just left for Oz or something...long long story - blah blah blah - lord knows when I'll get the car at this rate!:(

In the meantime, JC's on-sold my One 7 and collected from our home on Wednesday and only after much huffing agreed to give me a (very used) Mini One (that has been superchipped?) until they can get the paperwork for the Park Lane sorted.

grrrrrrrrrr......:disapprove:

hmmmm...

mark

Craig
16th December 2006, 06:55 AM
I know what I would do....:blackeye::blackeye::evil::D

Scottie
16th December 2006, 06:59 AM
well you got to go with whoever has the best and cheapest finance deal. Which ever dealers that is I have no idea but that's what I would do.

sedgie
16th December 2006, 07:01 AM
I know JC are p*ish hence i never went there;)i use Grassicks in perth...further to travel but i get a good service....finar finar;):p:D

N12 JLK
16th December 2006, 07:19 AM
Nightmare. You know Clare is best:D

Gismo
16th December 2006, 01:19 PM
Hmm, not good, unless you've signed something then you should be in the clear :eek:

dundeered
16th December 2006, 04:05 PM
i am still going with menzies, jc have apologised and canceled everything...numptys

will have to wait till 3rd week in jan but no rush

vintageb3
16th December 2006, 07:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by dundeered

i am still going with menzies, jc have apologised and canceled everything...numptys

will have to wait till 3rd week in jan but no rush

I think you have made the right decision dundeered.

I think you will get far better service from people that are part of this forum.

I mean…no one forces the people from Menzies to write on this forum (I don’t think)…and with their witty replies you can tell what kind of folks they are. That’s what drew me to driving the 45 minutes to Stirling passing the door of a more local dealer to buy some parts…not the 10% discount (honest!!!)

I'm thinking of getting thme to do my servicing as well.

However, I bought something on finance when I was you age…and it was around my neck for three years. I decided never to take anything on finance again. I hated the experience.

I now save up….buy what I can afford…or do without. In the long run you are a paying through the nose for the car. Me wee car cost £XX.XXX....but that's all it cost me

Make sense?

End of sermon

Old mark

dundeered
16th December 2006, 07:21 PM
unfortunately me saving up money is a non starter cant do it , i always pay the money back plus a kings ransom... i agree that driving the extra distance to menzies is worth the while and will be doing so for all my mini needs.. being honest the guy i spoke to a jc in the end was much better than my first contacts and probably had i spoken to him from the off then i would have been glad to buy the car from him.. the sooner they get the mini part of their business out of the bmw showroom the better.. i think the set up is much better at menzies where the two showrooms are seperate..
really hope my car delivery is on time from menzies as getting well excited.

vintageb3
16th December 2006, 07:33 PM
I never used to be able to save money either...I know how it is

I hope you get the car on time mate!

Enjoy the new car!

mark