PDA

View Full Version : BT Broadband

Scottie
15th December 2006, 01:01 AM
Ok

I've got on order BroadBand for my house down the road the line will gettig broadband next Tuesday and I should get their wireless Hub delivered to me here at Inverness

so I will be installing it next Saturday.

My question is this.

Has anyone installed the BT Hub???

Is it simple.???? Do you get a step by step guide/instructions on how to set it up

will I have to configure the hub or will it come pre configured will I get instructions on how to install the network connections on my laptop??? or will just a search for a wireless connection find it and be enough?? will it overwrite ,y current default wireless connection.???

Is it called a hub because you have your wireless then you can plug in to use dial up and then you can plug your phone in to get your free calls using the broadband line.

Craig
15th December 2006, 01:21 AM
Fi,

I can help you over that weekend if need be - DAVIES GOLD SUPPORT...;);)

It should all be straight forward, sounds like they are sending out a Wireless modem router which has a 4 port switch built in (ie 4 Network ports).

I would just follow all the instructions and it should be easy peasy.. :D:D If not, you have my number.. :approve:

Gordons_cooper_wrks
15th December 2006, 03:56 AM
Its easy peasy. U cant go wrong. The disc that comes with it gives you a step by step guide.

Scottie
15th December 2006, 04:03 AM
only easy if you know your away round computers me I'm a computer idiot

OBN
15th December 2006, 05:17 AM
Its dead simple, plug the cables in following the step by step guide, insert cd and follow the guide. Have a pen and a bit of paper handy to jot down the wireless key, each comp needs this before they can access the hub and your off and running.

Hope you didn't order the hub phone to go with it, a normal digital cordless phone is much better, just remember which phone is the broadband phone

Scottie
15th December 2006, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by OBN

Its dead simple, plug the cables in following the step by step guide, insert cd and follow the guide. Have a pen and a bit of paper handy to jot down the wireless key, each comp needs this before they can access the hub and your off and running.

Hope you didn't order the hub phone to go with it, a normal digital cordless phone is much better, just remember which phone is the broadband phone

no just going to use the phone I have.

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2006, 05:51 AM
Fi, I don't have the BT Home Hub, but I do have a wireless router (which is essentially the same thing I think).

It was a doddle to install. I just plugged it in. My PC (connected through Ethernet) found it no problem and immediately connected to the net. And the wireless enabled laptop I bought in the USA was just as easy. I just switched it on. It found the wireless network and asked if I wanted to connect to it. I said yes and now every time I switch on the laptop it just connects without question.

A.:D

Scottie
15th December 2006, 05:56 AM
well we will see don't I need to configure the hub with my bt name and password.

I do obviously have a wireless router here at Inverness but it was all done for me

Craig
15th December 2006, 06:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

well we will see don't I need to configure the hub with my bt name and password.

I do obviously have a wireless router here at Inverness but it was all done for me

yes is the answer to the first question, but it will all be in the instructions, but as your a girl, you will read them, unlike us boys... ;)

Scottie
15th December 2006, 06:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

yes is the answer to the first question, but it will all be in the instructions, but as your a girl, you will read them, unlike us boys... ;)

don't you worry I've got your mobile number at the ready and this time your only 10mins away.;):p:D

Craig
15th December 2006, 06:12 AM

quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

don't you worry I've got your mobile number at the ready and this time your only 10mins away.;):p:D

:p:D

sleepyrascal
15th December 2006, 04:23 PM
i got my hub yesterday. Just need a laptop now. doh.

Gismo
15th December 2006, 04:36 PM
My mate is on his 3rd phone handset, totally crap i believe :disapprove:
Never use wireless, cable all the way :approve:

Scottie
23rd December 2006, 06:19 AM
that's me now broadband and all done. Had a wee peoblem but managed to struggle through and set it up ok.:cool: