PDA

View Full Version : Delays, Delays, Delays...

Craig
14th December 2006, 05:04 AM
MODERATORS

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD.

Sweeney
14th December 2006, 05:24 AM
I know how you feel but think about it, they could hand the vehicle over to you on time but something may be severly wrong with it and could be a danger to you and other occupants and other road users... You being the sensible guy that you are :) will no doubt rather have a safe car than an on time but high risk car?

ianking
14th December 2006, 05:24 AM
Gives you more time though to try and do a wee private sale of your old car.
Why not put it on the autotrader on line it only costs £16.99. You never know someone might be searching the internet for a purple cooper to give to a loved one for their xmas.

illegalhunter
14th December 2006, 06:00 AM
best to get it with no hic ups in hiding craig the waitin game is just murder you have only 1 week to go

Scottie
14th December 2006, 07:37 AM
well Craig what can I say:( my cooper was delayed also so don't think it's strictly for the S only.

Took 2 weeeks to come after being built.:D But still arrived re original delivery week although it was built earlier than quoted.

Could it still be this wire re the radio and the steering reach and rake.:question:

I know some folks saying that the launch cars had their dash tops off at the dealer to fix the problem. Don't think Allan's got this treatment as he has no rattles;)

So far Allan has not moved his steering just in case.;)

Also mines had a high delivery mileage.:question:

Maybe for the New Year gives you something to look forward to after Christmas:D

Scottie
14th December 2006, 07:40 AM
also I doubt if the problem re the hold up is for something "unsafe" t cause a risk to people or BMW would have a recall out quicker than you can say mini.:D

sedgie
14th December 2006, 07:40 AM
ach stop moanin...at least you know you gonnae get new car!:p

Clare1
14th December 2006, 07:23 PM
Fiona, yours had high delivery miles?? :eek:
Must have been me using it to go for lunch everyday!! :eek::plol

Joking aside though,
Imagine how i felt yesterday phoning so many excited people to tell them that the CooperS they were expecting has been delayed.
Thats gotta be the worst part of my job, letting people down. :(

Scottie
14th December 2006, 07:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

I hear what your saying fiona, but why has 10 days passed and it has still not been consigned... it has me worried that there is something really wrong, 'cos if it was just that wire, sure it would be fixed within a day... and as you say, yours was delivered on time, mine is going to be late...:disapprove:

it's the lack of info from MINI that is the most annoying.:disapprove:

and Sedgie......na na na na na na.....:p:p;):D

yeh mines arrived on time only because it was built early.:D still took 2 weeks to come from the date it was built.

When was yours built.?? My dealer had no idea right up to the last minute when it would arrive. Don't think they can even phone anyone to chase or even ask what the situation is. In fact mines arrived at the dealer on a Tuesday and normally their delivery dates are Mon Wed and Fri.

I wouldn't worry that anything serious is wrong it's just a typical big corporate business at their best.8) You should try working for my lot we are like mushrooms kept in the dark and fed sh1te.

Scottie
14th December 2006, 07:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Fiona, yours had high delivery miles?? :eek:
Must have been me using it to go for lunch everyday!! :eek::plol

Joking aside though,
Imagine how i felt yesterday phoning so many excited people to tell them that the CooperS they were expecting has been delayed.
Thats gotta be the worst part of my job, letting people down. :(

hey I didn't mind the delivery mileage I looked at it well it's been well ested buy that Claire before I got my hands on it.:D

Scottie
14th December 2006, 07:36 PM
bet you a £1 it arrives next week. remember a good dealer can to a PDI in 20mins;):p to fingers crossed you will still get it before Christmas.:D

Gismo
14th December 2006, 07:55 PM
Ach stop yer whingin man, it's only a car ;):eek:

Clare1
14th December 2006, 09:21 PM
I contacted 'Thorne' last night, thats BMW's distribution centre, they know the 3 CooperS' I am desperately waiting on, they are now marked as URGENT and everything is being done to get these cars here asap!!

Dont worry. . .!

The Bull
14th December 2006, 10:05 PM
Late by a week!!! That's nothing. My Civic was meant to be delivered on 23rd July, I eventually got it on Sep 11th!! That was torture! I don't know how many "sleeps" that was. :D

Scottie
14th December 2006, 10:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

I contacted 'Thorne' last night, thats BMW's distribution centre, they know the 3 CooperS' I am desperately waiting on, they are now marked as URGENT and everything is being done to get these cars here asap!!

Dont worry. . .!

yip those Thornes are a pain.:cool::D

Scottie
15th December 2006, 12:57 AM
Craig is your ankle all better now are you back at work?? and driving.?

Scottie
15th December 2006, 01:17 AM
craig you have mail.

Crombers
15th December 2006, 08:13 AM
Not good news , but are we any further forward as to why such as delay. Don't seem right to me.

PS , how you fairing for Sat Pm re alloys:question:. We'll do the heavy stuff seein as you are being a nancy boy :p;):D

Gismo
15th December 2006, 04:41 PM
talking of cars, where is ma old motor....;);)Same old story, getting fixed at mini sport :blackeye:

Scottie
15th December 2006, 06:08 PM
thinking about it. I know it's really gutting when you hear car has been delayed. It's your car and you can't wait to get it. but TBH this close to the year end if it was me I would try my best to wait even if the car arrived and get it registered on 01/01/07 so it can be a 07 car.

ianking
15th December 2006, 06:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

thinking about it. I know it's really gutting when you hear car has been delayed. It's your car and you can't wait to get it. but TBH this close to the year end if it was me I would try my best to wait even if the car arrived and get it registered on 01/01/07 so it can be a 07 car.

VERY TRUE. Although it will still be a 56 plate it will be a 2007 '56' which will make it a couple hundred pound better in the glass guide when you go to sell it.

ianking
15th December 2006, 06:40 PM
However if the car does arrive on the 29th or such like im sure the dealer will want to register it before the end of the year so that it goes towards their 2006 figures, particularly if they need a couple more registrations for the yearly bonus.

N12 JLK
16th December 2006, 07:36 AM
Jason is in a huff big time. He has not even been on the site since Monday.

"I am fed up with the whole thing" he says
:eek::eek::eek:

N12 JLK
16th December 2006, 06:25 PM
This is my first post since being told of our delays, I was completely pissed off on Tuesday and I just couldnt even post or be bothered to do anything MINI related. I will be working next weekend Sat and Sun so if it does come Lesley will need to go herself to pick it up which takes the shine right off the car for me:( Just think Craig the cars have been built for 2 weeks by then which is cack:disapprove:
Going to Menzies today to sign the finance agreement so should get the car by Easter:eek:;)

Scottie
18th December 2006, 03:15 AM
wonder what is causing the delay. It is model specific. h'mm read on Mini2 speculation from one member that it has been found that fuel is leaking into the enigne when the motor is switched of:eek::eek: not sure if that will be right though not noticed this on Allan's car and it sits in the garage more than what it gets driven. It's also been mentioned about the bonnet cap but surely this would be both models.

So we have what engine - gearbox - electrics - ecu - that is different on the S anything else???.

Obviously whatever it is they are stuggling to get it resolved and to start shipping the motors out to the dealer.

The thing is though once it has been resolved will we ever hear what the problem was in fact will the dealers ever find ou.

I know how it works in our business and so bad press can be avoided it is highly un likely we will ever know what it was.

My money would be on that BMW/MINI have identified a faulty batch of a component supplied to them and I reckon they will be waiting on a replacement part coming in. It could just be something like all the plastic petrol caps have cracks in them??? get the idea.?

illegalhunter
18th December 2006, 04:39 AM
well i hope this will be sorted soon as mine is supposed to be delivered 3rd week in jan & this is now starting to worry me

Scottie
18th December 2006, 05:33 AM

Fi,

I hear what your saying, however if it was something simple, surely they would have said what the fault is.... It's as if "vee are a German company and vee do not make mistakes!!!!"

From the amount of cars lying down at Oxford now (including the staff car parks being full....) means that they have no idea how to fix it, or as you say they are waiting on replacement parts...:disapprove: After all, my car was completed production nearly 2 weeks ago..., would it really take that long to get a replacement part or to fix a minor fault ?

the plot thickens, hopefully we shall find out more during the week....:evil:

well if they are waiting on a third party to supply a new batch of 1000's of whatever it was that has gone wrong then it may take a few days for the order to be completed. The another few days to be fitted to the cars.

If they can help it they will not say what has went wrong and if it is a part supplied to them then they can not say what has gone wrong.

I really don't think it will be long before you car is at the dealer.

Just don''t expect to be told what the problem was.

Gismo
18th December 2006, 01:07 PM
This kind of thing is not limited to BMW ;) all major corporations do the same thing :evil: BMW are under no obligation to tell you what the fault, if there is a fault, is :eek:
Anything mentioned is pure speculation.
As Fi mentioned, why would they tell the world what's wrong 8)
Take microsoft for example, always release a new operating system and then dish out updates on a regular basis :mad:

Sorry :I spoken from a guy who has not ordered and is not waiting for a new car to be delivered :blackeye:
At the end of the day, i'm pretty sure your car will be right when it arrives :approve:

Scottie
18th December 2006, 08:38 PM
is that the Mini's starting to be shipped out of Oxford now.????

Gismo
18th December 2006, 08:49 PM
how do you know that ? ?Fi, stop winding the man up :p

Scottie
18th December 2006, 08:49 PM

how do you know that ? ?

I don't I am asking you if they are moving out of Oxford. Have you phoned your dealer yet to find out if the status has been changed to "in transit" ;) 1 guy so far on mini2 has been told this morning his has changed

So if his Cooper S is moving out then I reckon some others will be.

Scottie
18th December 2006, 10:27 PM

how do you know that ? ?

I don't I am asking you if they are moving out of Oxford. Have you phoned your dealer yet to find out if the status has been changed to "in transit" ;) 1 guy so far on mini2 has been told this morning his has changed

So if his Cooper S is moving out then I reckon some others will be.

spoke to stuart just earlier - he has to phone at 2pm for an update...

finger crossed for you.:D

Scottie
18th December 2006, 11:05 PM

thanks... :D

if I don't get a call today, I'm taking a trip past Newmarket Garage for a look... ;)

you would nae do that:eek: would you!!!;):p:eek:

N12 JLK
19th December 2006, 04:02 AM
Spoke to Stuart tonight at Menzies and basically we arnt getting our car this week either, never mind Satuarday there when we were ment to get it. We are giving up hope:disapprove::disapprove:

Scottie
19th December 2006, 05:38 AM
sorry to hear that Jason. now got my toes crossed for all three of you. Some one over on mini2 has said their dealer said it is a delay with Cooper S engine parts all just gossip but I can't help thinking Mini are being held up by a third party and not a real problem i.e a fault they can't fix.:(:(

Hang in there all of you it will be worth it just be calm and if worse comes to worse I'll send Allan down in his Cooper S so you can all get a wee shot.;):p

and if it gets really bad you could always be ELfman's passenger on the 29th's run.;)

ianking
19th December 2006, 06:05 AM
are the coopers delayed or just the S's

Crombers
19th December 2006, 06:06 AM

if I don't get a call today, I'm taking a trip past Newmarket Garage for a look... ;)

Eh!! , what do they sell there then :question:

Scottie
19th December 2006, 06:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Eh!! , what do they sell there then :question:

Skodas

ianking
19th December 2006, 06:10 AM
I had a shot of an Octavia VRS a couple years ago and it was quite good, had nice seats as well

Scottie
19th December 2006, 06:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

are the coopers delayed or just the S's

just the S Ian. I really do think they have been let down by a mass production part for the S. Got a bad batch in better to de delayed than get something that is faulty not that it helps these guys much. I would have steam coming out me ears if it was me.

ianking
19th December 2006, 06:12 AM
Sarah and I might get the new Cooper before all these boys get their new S's then.

AndyP & Lenore
19th December 2006, 07:10 AM
This a real bummer you guys - and I mean Jason & Lesley too, 'cos I know you were all really looking forward to getting your cars.

You can't help think that there must be a good/serious/genuine reason for the delay. No car manufacturer in the world actually wants to pi$$ off their customers, and at the rate the mothership spews out cars, they won't be able to sustain this produce-then-hold process they currently have.

I'm sure it won't be long and you'll just appreciate the car all the more when you do get it.;)

A.:D

Scottie
19th December 2006, 08:41 PM
any updates today guys.???? on what the problem was.???

illegalhunter
19th December 2006, 09:55 PM
well @ least it will be an 07 car think positive craig

Scottie
19th December 2006, 10:06 PM

not yet, but to be honest, I don't care anymore.. It will come when it comes....:disapprove::disapprove:

I know the blame lies squarely with MINI and it's not the dealers fault. :(

I have already resigned myself to the fact it will be the new year before I get it (and had a rant last night on MINI2 :evil:)

I am just really angry that we are getting NO INFORMATION from NINI..:mad::mad: It's not how I thought they would deal with a repeat customer (or any customer for that matter...) Feel a bit like a mushroom to be honest..

Yeh not good.:( I'm just wanting to keep a eye on things in case it's a fault found because if it is then people who have already got a S neeed to be informed. Fingers crossed it just a faulty batch of whatever it is and the motors will be zooming out of Oxford once replacements parts come in.

Contacts is what we need somebody that knows somebody in the know that they would trust to tell what the fault is. Then they can tell all us.;):p:D can't think of anyone.;)

N12 JLK
19th December 2006, 11:23 PM
Hav'nt heard today from menzies but Clare said she would call me today. Sorry I havnt posted much these days but the whole hastle with this S has pi**ed me off and well lets just say cant be arsed. Havnt even washed the Cooper for 2 weeks now and thats a record:disapprove:

illegalhunter
19th December 2006, 11:46 PM
its the waiting thats a killer its so long from when you order till you get it now with the balls up @ mini it would drive you daft especailly when you had a date to pick up

Clare1
20th December 2006, 03:14 AM
Im still on my course in Reading guys, sorry i havnt got much of a signal out here in the sticks to call any of you.

This is as hard for me as it is for you guys. Im sure MINI are doing everything they can to resolve this issue asap.

illegalhunter
21st December 2006, 02:07 AM
so is there no chance of delivery between xmas new year, i was @ henry bros today & asked about hold ups they said it will only effect cars for dec delivery

N12 JLK
21st December 2006, 04:27 AM
AAAAAAAAAHHHHH
BBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR
BBBBAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS**********###???DDDDDDDDDIN
RUBBISH IM STILL NOT HAPPY AS YOU CAN SEE ,
WELL DONE JAMMY MRC THOUGH;)
ANSWERS TOMORROW PLEASE, CLARE BEWARE;)

illegalhunter
21st December 2006, 04:33 AM
poor claire she must be havin nightmares about this well thats how she gets the big bucks for selling them lol

Scottie
21st December 2006, 04:39 AM
congrats to Marky boy bet your well chuffed managed to miss whatever the prolems were. :D

Sorry Craig and Jason that's just the type of luck I would have.:(

you need to get on to Mini Customer care and see what compensation they are going to give you how many days has it been after what the delivery week should have been.??

although your dealer can't do anything for you

but the fact you were given a expected delivery week Mini customer care should be able to authorise the dealer to do something for you.

phone them every day keep being a pest:p I am sure they will want to get you off there back. Also helps to get the big chief name and send him a letter

Scottie
21st December 2006, 04:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

poor claire she must be havin nightmares about this well thats how she gets the big bucks for selling them lol

not the delears fault although it is all to easy to focus on them.

I bet they just wish the cars would come in so they can get them out for year end figures and also to keep their special customers happy.:D

easy for me to say I have my 2 Mini's if it was me steam would be coming oot my ears but as I've said I would be on to customer care every day if not twice a day.;)

I hate waiting on cars being built. Once ordered I want it to arrive the very next day.

However if I was able to and not to desperate for the car I would almost be tempted to say. You know what the car is jinxed even before I get it cancel my order and I will start all over again but as I say easier said than done as I would want my car

Crombers
21st December 2006, 05:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BBBBBBUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEERRRRRR
BBBBAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS**********###???DDDDDDDDDIN
RUBBISH IM STILL NOT HAPPY AS YOU CAN SEE ,
WELL DONE JAMMY MRC THOUGH;)
ANSWERS TOMORROW PLEASE, CLARE BEWARE;)

Calm down , it's only a MINI ;)

(lobs himself for cover :p)

Good things come to those who wait :approve:

illegalhunter
21st December 2006, 10:53 PM
whats the latest then craig when is it coming then

ianking
21st December 2006, 11:22 PM
Surely you would lose your deposit though if you cancelled your order.

illegalhunter
21st December 2006, 11:24 PM
can you cancel at this late stage craig when i comes it will be all worth the hassel all sparkley & new with smell of leather well thats what iam thinking about to take my mind off any possible delays

KenL
21st December 2006, 11:29 PM
Crikey Deerslayer,(horrible user name BTW :eek:) go easy on the quadruple postings :p

illegalhunter
21st December 2006, 11:36 PM
i dont no what happened there iam big into hunting check out my web site www.illeagalhunter.com not for the faint hearted

Clare1
22nd December 2006, 12:02 AM
Im back to work tomorrow guys (if i wake up):eek:

Just had a blooming nightmare because of the situation at Heathrow Airport, took me about 18 hours to get home from Reading yesterday, my journey ended up consisting of over 10 hours of Train! Arrghhh! Eventually got home just after 8am this morning, not been to sleep yet and im sooooooooooooo tired!!!

Craig/Jason I'll speak to you both tomorrow.

KenL
22nd December 2006, 02:54 AM

i dont no what happened there iam big into hunting check out my web site www.illeagalhunter.com not for the faint hearted

I'm not really keen on hunting TBH. I don't really see how anyone could get a buzz from killing an animal. Fair enough I suppose if you eat it.

I only hope you are not doing it for kicks and only killing what you can/do eat, and that it is all legal/approved etc. :blackeye: The title of your website does make feel distinctly uneasy, I have to say :eek:

illegalhunter
22nd December 2006, 04:06 AM
well craig back to the topic anymore news claire is back so somebody else to moan @ only kidding

Scottie
22nd December 2006, 04:27 AM

don't even go there....yest it was week 52, today it's week 1 of next year...:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:

no more info coming from MINI, even the Regional manager has no answers.

Called customer services this morning and was again given a load of pi$h. Thinking about cancelling the whole thing, sick of being given NO information.:(

don't give up on customer services it is the ONLY way your going to get any kind of compensation worth it's salt.

Now that you have spoken to them they will have opened up a case and they have to follow it through. No matter that they tell you a load of pi$h and you get more info through the dealer.

Oh and whatever they offer you first time round refuse it;)

Now that you know it is going to take till January don't push it anymore all your doing is getting stressed and at the end of the day it will make no difference what you say the dealer knows you want your car. A.S.A.P. Just get stuck in about customers services oh and if you need any legal stuff about the sale of goods act let me know you can get right up their nose:D worked a treat for me;) can even get you out the deal without loosing a penny not that I think the dealer would hold your deposit.

I mean if this situation has really ticked you off and if Mini supply you with a vehicle known to be faulty but has not been fully tested resulting in proof the fualt has been rectified;)

Scottie
22nd December 2006, 04:49 AM
a quote taken fro the mini2 forum

h'mm

#243 (permalink) Today, 06:23 PM
djtex
MINI2 Regular Join Date: Feb 2005
Local Time: 07:46 PM

"I went to the factory last night for a tour. I thoroughlly enjoyed it, I didn't manage to obtain much information however the following may give some indications.

Very few MCS on the production line.

The guide suggested that the delays were simply due to extra testing Mini are doing at their test track on site. (Sounds a bit odd to me).

There were a number of cars about 7 or 8 at the end of the Assembley line, the vast majority of which were MCS that had signs on the windscreen saying "Did not start", is this related?

!!"

Hope it's not your ones guys

duncan
22nd December 2006, 05:35 AM
With all respect, i feel this thread is beginning to make mountains out of molehills.

Yes, you're being inconvenienced to some degree, however, I'm sure that you'll be compensated for the delays if you put your case forward for any financial loss you may incur.

Is it not better that they sort out any problems before you get the car, rather than return trips to the dealer with a faulty vehicle?

And to be honest, do you really need to know what widget isn't working? It would be interesting to find out what the problem is, however, it maybe commercially sensitive to a supplier.

I'd imagine all you need to know that there is a delay, and they will keep you informed with an estimated time of delivery.

KenL
22nd December 2006, 05:53 AM
Duncan,

I see where you are coming from but I don't think it is too much for a customer to be kept informed about what is going on and what they are doing to resolve the issue.

Giving out changing delivery dates and fob-offs from Customer Services does not fill a customer with confidence that they are buying a top quality product.

duncan
22nd December 2006, 06:15 AM
I'm still trying to follow some of the logic here.

Not long ago Craig, you were complaining about NFF problems at dealers, yet here's MINI obviously trying to sort out faults before they hit the street. Again, they're maybe not at liberty to divulge the exact cause of the problem. Time will tell what it is, no doubt.

If its the customer service that's letting you down, then that's a completely different issue from the car itself.
As your point of contact is with the dealer, and not the manufacturer, I'd say that its up to them to deal with your problems, and from what I've read here, Menzies has been pretty fair so far - its up to them to wean out the info from MINI HQ, and pass it on to you. OK, so you've not heard from MINI customer services today, that is disapointing.

And, if you really like the car that much, surly it'll be worth the wait, and you wouldn't cancel so easily? Its, what? A few weeks late? Hardly the end of the world.

Scottie
22nd December 2006, 06:21 AM
I still wouldn't give up annoying their customer care section.

surely they will be able to authorise the dealer to give some kinda freebie to keep a loyal customer

say like free TLC or whatever.;):p

Surely from the outset if they hand done a quick e-mail around dealers saying look we having problems

can you please inform your customers that the delivery of their car will take place until 3rd week in January giving them a timescale to fix the problem. Ok people maybe miffed at first but at least you then have a informative anwser to the question "when will I get my car". IMO this would have created a smaller mountain.:D

Scottie
22nd December 2006, 06:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Not long ago Craig, you were complaining about NFF problems at dealers, yet here's MINI obviously trying to sort out faults before they hit the street. Again, they're maybe not at liberty to divulge the exact cause of the problem. Time will tell what it is, no doubt.

If its the customer service that's letting you down, then that's a completely different issue from the car itself.
As your point of contact is with the dealer, and not the manufacturer, I'd say that its up to them to deal with your problems, and from what I've read here, Menzies has been pretty fair so far - its up to them to wean out the info from MINI HQ, and pass it on to you. OK, so you've not heard from MINI customer services today, that is disapointing.

And, if you really like the car that much, surly it'll be worth the wait, and you wouldn't cancel so easily? Its, what? A few weeks late? Hardly the end of the world.

ah well Duncan it would seem not I can only speak re BMW but when I had problems Menzies advised the best course of action was to take it to customer care as in my case it was not the dealers fault but BMW. Hence why they are called customer care.;)

duncan
22nd December 2006, 06:35 AM

As your point of contact is with the dealer, and not the manufacturer, I'd say that its up to them to deal with your problems, and from what I've read here, Menzies has been pretty fair so far - its up to them to wean out the info from MINI HQ, and pass it on to you. OK, so you've not heard from MINI customer services today, that is disappointing.

ah well Duncan it would seem not I can only speak re BMW but when I had problems Menzies advised the best course of action was to take it to customer care as in my case it was not the dealers fault but BMW. Hence why they are called customer care.;)

Yep, and as I said, your point of contact is the dealer. If they advise that you should take it to the manufacturer, then that's their decision. It also seems like the dealer is negating some of its duty if they can't sort your problems.

My Dad was in frequent contact with Volvo customer care (a contradiction of terms) when his 440 had major problems - this was due to the dealer in Dundee being unable to solve the problems.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that your contract is with the Dealer, and not the Manufacturer when you buy a car.

Scottie
22nd December 2006, 06:45 AM

As your point of contact is with the dealer, and not the manufacturer, I'd say that its up to them to deal with your problems, and from what I've read here, Menzies has been pretty fair so far - its up to them to wean out the info from MINI HQ, and pass it on to you. OK, so you've not heard from MINI customer services today, that is disappointing.

Yep, and as I said, your point of contact is the dealer. If they advise that you should take it to the manufacturer, then that's their decision. It also seems like the dealer is negating some of its duty if they can't sort your problems.

My Dad was in frequent contact with Volvo customer care (a contradiction of terms) when his 440 had major problems - this was due to the dealer in Dundee being unable to solve the problems.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that your contract is with the Dealer, and not the Manufacturer when you buy a car.

no I would have to diasgree (I know off topic) having had the VW Touareg contact with customer care was a weekly event:(

If your car is under 3 years old then your "contract" if that what you want to call it is defo with the manufacturer. Dealers can't sneeze unless Mini or BMW or VW or who ever it is tell them to. The manufacturer will have the ultimate say in what a dealer can or can not do with their product.

duncan
22nd December 2006, 06:50 AM
Not convinced Fi, that sounds more like the warranty side of things as opposed to the buying of it to me. And on the MINI its the first 2 years warranty thats with them and the 3rd year with the Dealer.

duncan
22nd December 2006, 06:56 AM

I completely agree with you Duncan - I would rather the manufacturer fix the fault before sending it onto the dealer and then me. I would not want a faulty car delivered to me..

I (through some contacts) know what the problem is and as such this means that I cannot understand why if my car was being dealt with as a priority it has still not been resolved 8 days afer the known fault.

The logic dear Duncan is....

1) they know what the problem is.
2) my car is allegedly a priority, however after 8 days of being such has still not been fixed.

your quite correct, I don't really need to know what "widget" is working or not, however I do need an estimated delivery date, however this keeps changing...

Craig (staying away from the knife drawer)............ "oh stop being so dramatic Craig, it's only a piece of metal!":p;):D

Well, it seemes that your car isnt being dealt with as a priority then does it?. Or maybe everyone else who is waiting for their car is a priority too, hence that you're no where near to getting it.

And yeah, stop being over dramatic. Your getting a new car, its a wee bit late. Big wowee.

If you were left carless or out of pocket, I could see the need for ranting as much, other wise you are making a drama out of a crisis.

Scottie
22nd December 2006, 07:06 AM

Not convinced Fi, that sounds more like the warranty side of things as opposed to the buying of it to me. And on the MINI its the first 2 years warranty thats with them and the 3rd year with the Dealer.

jeez I never knew that about the warranty:eek: mind you never keep them that long;)

I understand about buying the car from the dealer.

put it this way if you went to a BP station which was a DODO site (dealer owned dealer operated)
and they had no petrol and didn't know when they would get any petrol because BP had a fault when refining the product. BP were saying nothing.

you were down to the last litre in your car. Who would you speak to the petrol station or me the customer care person for BP

and what would your reaction be if I said sorry can't say when we will be able to get the petrol out to the sites. :D

duncan
22nd December 2006, 07:14 AM
To be honest Fi, I'd speak to the DODO guy and ask him where the nearest garage is, or for a push ;)

If you want to compare professions, then when you buy a ticket for the railway, say from Dundee to Perth, and your train is late due to a fault with the track or signals run by Network Rail, you submit the claim to ScotRail who are the Train Operating Company, not Network Rail. The TOC in turn gets the compensation back from the Infrastructure owner.

Scottie
22nd December 2006, 07:18 AM

To be honest Fi, I'd speak to the DODO guy and ask him where the nearest garage is, or for a push ;)

If you want to compare professions, then when you buy a ticket for the railway, say from Dundee to Perth, and your train is late due to a fault with the track or signals run by Network Rail, you submit the claim to ScotRail who are the Train Operating Company, not Network Rail. The TOC in turn gets the compensation back from the Infrastructure owner.

ah but Network Rail are not selling the Scotrail product they a logistical type company maintaining the lines.

where as dealers and retail sites have signed a contract to sell a certain product.

duncan
22nd December 2006, 07:23 AM

ah but Network Rail are not selling the Scotrail product they a logistical type company maintaining the lines.

where as dealers and retail sites have signed a contract to sell a certain product.

NR arent selling a product to the public, they sell the product (Access) to the TOC. The TOC then sell the product (rail travel) to the public.

MINI don't deal directly with the public as in they don't sell you the car directly, however, the Dealer will. Thats how I compare the two.

Scottie
22nd December 2006, 07:29 AM

NR arent selling a product to the public, they sell the product (Access) to the TOC. The TOC then sell the product (rail travel) to the public.

MINI don't deal directly with the public as in they don't sell you the car directly, however, the Dealer will. Thats how I compare the two.

Oh you don't give up easily do you.;)

try this one.

I am woman and as such I am always right.

also

I like to have the last word.

Men should realise this and life would be much easier.;):p:D:blackeye::kiss::kiss:

duncan
22nd December 2006, 07:33 AM
:p

KenL
22nd December 2006, 06:19 PM
I know this is dragging on a bit but your contract is definitely with the dealer, not MINI. I know this as I did a lot of research before rejecting a car.

However, in this case there has been no sale yet and I would think the dealer will have small print that absolves them of any delivery delays beyond their control.

Why not enjoy Xmas, and look forward to your perfect S in 2007.

Mon the fish
23rd December 2006, 01:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Why not enjoy Xmas, and look forward to your perfect S in 2007.

And amen to that... :)

illegalhunter
23rd December 2006, 01:55 AM
well ive just read that it all because of a batch of faulty fuel pumps on the s on mini 2 somebody got a responce from mini cus ser so well atleast we no what the prob is now i dont help if your waiting ofcourse

CooperTrooper
23rd December 2006, 08:58 AM
hey!

bit off topic, bit im stunned by deerslayers ealier post

i thought i was pretty unshockable, but guys runnin bout in transits takin pot shots at deer with shotguns is takin it a bit far surely??? i see most posts aere american, surely scotish back roads arent full of nutters with shotguns!!!!

no offence meant, was just a bit shocked!

c'mon the deers!!!!!!!!!!

illegalhunter
23rd December 2006, 10:03 AM
"shotem all let god sort it out" hommer simpson

illegalhunter
28th December 2006, 12:01 AM
well the dealers told me today that my car is now sced for 7th feb production so told them i dont want the car till march 1st feck feck more swear words

Craig
28th December 2006, 12:30 AM
sorry to hear that John...

ah the wait continues...;) You at least have a date...;)

illegalhunter
28th December 2006, 03:06 AM
you dont have a date yet craig thats kickin the ass out of it

markyc
28th December 2006, 04:09 AM

well the dealers told me today that my car is now sced for 7th feb production so told them i dont want the car till march 1st feck feck more swear words

Has your build date been put back then John :question::question: Notice on your sig strip you were hoping for 3rd week in Jan for delivery but now it's not being built til first week in Feb :disapprove::dead: If that's the case are Mini telling the dealers that all 'S' will be delayed whilst they give priority to the ones sitting waiting for the new pumps :question::question:;)

Would be the sensible way to go about things then again......... ;)

N12 JLK
28th December 2006, 04:55 AM
Lets hope they are working there way throught the pumps, by god baboons would have got them changed over quicker. Cant believe they arnt giving the cars that are faulty priority. Kick ass time, anyway Ive a plan up my sleeve if I dont get any success the morra;)

markyc
28th December 2006, 05:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

Lets hope they are working there way throught the pumps, by god baboons would have got them changed over quicker. Cant believe they arnt giving the cars that are faulty priority. Kick ass time, anyway Ive a plan up my sleeve if I dont get any success the morra;)

Didn't think 'your plan' would have fitted up your sleeve :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::dead::D;)

N12 JLK
28th December 2006, 05:09 AM
Was gonna use one of side show Bobs shoes;)

illegalhunter
28th December 2006, 01:44 PM
only thing i can do is go down to fairbairns & look @ the s in the showroom nearly the same as mine