PDA

View Full Version : Car Brokers

Moonshine
13th December 2006, 03:54 AM
Hi,

Has anyone has any experience with using Brolers such as http://www.drivethedeal.com/or http://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/?
I'm looking at a BMW 120D SE, with a few options and the Dealer cost is around £22350 (including BMWs £1150 discount), however coast2coast are offering the same car, from a UK dealer for approx £19000, savinf another £3500ish. or 22% over full list price

I have had a chat with the company and it seems all above board...they are effectively acting as fleet buyers and have negotiated a discount of between 12% and 17% off list and options prices which they pass over to the customer (i guess their cut is from the saving they have negotiated)

You pay the Dealer supplying the car a £500 deposit, as if you would in the dealer down the road, and the remainder on delivery of the car to your local dealer.

Whattayou all think? It sounds promising for a £4.5k discount over list?

Gerry

ianking
13th December 2006, 06:07 AM
Could be a good thing but would you not be better with a 120D sport as apposed to the SE as you get much nicer seats and better looking wheels and body coloured lower parts of the bumpers, all for about £100 more if I remember correctly.
I used to have a 120D sport and it was a good car. However the mini is more fun though.

Scottie
13th December 2006, 06:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Moonshine

Hi,

Has anyone has any experience with using Brolers such as http://www.drivethedeal.com/or http://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/?
I'm looking at a BMW 120D SE, with a few options and the Dealer cost is around £22350 (including BMWs £1150 discount), however coast2coast are offering the same car, from a UK dealer for approx £19000, savinf another £3500ish. or 22% over full list price

I have had a chat with the company and it seems all above board...they are effectively acting as fleet buyers and have negotiated a discount of between 12% and 17% off list and options prices which they pass over to the customer (i guess their cut is from the saving they have negotiated)

You pay the Dealer supplying the car a £500 deposit, as if you would in the dealer down the road, and the remainder on delivery of the car to your local dealer.

Whattayou all think? It sounds promising for a £4.5k discount over list?

Gerry

are you the registerd second keeper of the vehicle.??

Moonshine
13th December 2006, 06:42 AM
Ian, i drove a 120d sport 2day, and thought the seat bolsters felt a bit neat round the kidneys and not as comfy as the MINI sports seats IMO. And before you say anything, i'm not putting on the beef :D!
I'm only 11.5 stone thankyou very much!

i would like to try the SE trim to see how the seats feel. but i might still consider the Sport.

Scottie,
AFAIK, i would be the 1st registered keeper as you deal with the supplying dealer. The chap said it was a BMW garage in London with which he has his arrangement with, but i'll check it out.

Gerry

Scottie
13th December 2006, 07:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Moonshine

Ian, i drove a 120d sport 2day, and thought the seat bolsters felt a bit neat round the kidneys and not as comfy as the MINI sports seats IMO. And before you say anything, i'm not putting on the beef :D!
I'm only 11.5 stone thankyou very much!

i would like to try the SE trim to see how the seats feel. but i might still consider the Sport.

Scottie,
AFAIK, i would be the 1st registered keeper as you deal with the supplying dealer. The chap said it was a BMW garage in London with which he has his arrangement with, but i'll check it out.

Gerry

You got to watch out alot of the deals means you become the second keeper it gets registered in the brokers name first.

although you collect the car from your local dealer it can be a pain in the arse to get them to carry out any warranty work etc etc because you didn't actually buy the car from them heard of this with a few of the VW dealers.

ianking
14th December 2006, 04:59 AM
I was the 2nd keeper of my 120D sport. I was fine with this though cause I got £5k off the list price. Ive never had any bother taking any my motors to a different mini/BMW dealer to ger warranty work done. The dealer still gets paid regardless of where the car was purchased from and how many owners its had.

I didnt really like the seats on the SE spec. Had one as a courtesy car and they were very flat seats. I kept rolling about on them.
I had the electrically adjusting bolsters on my 120D and they were great. I think they filled up with compressed air or something which made them hold you in right tight but you could release them and make the seats quite normal.

Moonshine
14th December 2006, 06:17 AM
I bought a pre-reg 120dSE today from a BMW dealer in england for £17.5k, representing a £4.5k discount from full list, or 19.5% or £3.5k of the discounted deal BMW which is still 15%.

I'm happy :)

ianking
14th December 2006, 06:38 AM
Whats all the spec then? Any pics to make me jelous

Moonshine
14th December 2006, 07:02 AM
A screenshot in my mini2 gallery
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/showphoto.php/photo/47855/cat/500/ppuser/2006
but spec is a pretty basic 120dSE with comfort pack

Automatic Air Conditioning
Extended Interior Light Package
Front Centre Arm Rest
Front Foglamps
Auto-Dim Interior Mirror
Multi-func. Steering Whl
Park Distance Control (PDC) Rear
Sport Steering Wheel
Colour coded exterior parts
Rear Electric Windows
Titan Matt interior trim

should be nice....

oh, 100 miles on the clock

Scottie
14th December 2006, 07:44 AM
very nice check out

www.babybmw.net thre some folks on there from this forum;)

Actually they say the SE is a nicer driver with the softer suspension.

You got a nice wee car there. Let us know how you get on. The only problem I had with it really well both of us

it was not a comfortable car to get in and out of.:(

euan
14th December 2006, 06:49 PM
That's odd Fi - I had one when my 3 was in getting serviced the other week (big ouch, but that's another story!) and I found it easy to get in and out of, mainly as it was a bit higher than my 3 coupe.

The one I drove was a 118SE auto, and I actually really enjoyed driving it, so the 120D should be cracking! And that's a briliant deal!

Scottie
14th December 2006, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

That's odd Fi - I had one when my 3 was in getting serviced the other week (big ouch, but that's another story!) and I found it easy to get in and out of, mainly as it was a bit higher than my 3 coupe.

The one I drove was a 118SE auto, and I actually really enjoyed driving it, so the 120D should be cracking! And that's a briliant deal!

I just found it awkward to get the knee under the steering while trying to get in to the car had to sit my bum in first and then swing me legs round.

Gismo
14th December 2006, 08:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
I just found it awkward to get the knee under the steering while trying to get in to the car had to sit my bum in first and then swing me legs roundA common fault when sitting very close to the steering wheel, move the seat back and all is ok :p