PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye 7 - Hello Park Lane!

Nenah
10th December 2006, 07:55 AM
Today we traded the One 7 in for Cooper Park Lane, as new with only 2000 miles on the clock!! Fancied a Park Lane for ages so very excited! :D:D

Will keep us happy until the Cooper S arrives in March...:p

Me likeee!

sh@z
10th December 2006, 08:46 AM
Nice one Nenah! You guys need to stop chopping and changing so bloody much :p lol

Crombers
10th December 2006, 09:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Nice one Nenah! You guys need to stop chopping and changing so bloody much :p lol

Jings , I'm lost noo , nearly as bad as the Thorne's ;):D

Gismo
10th December 2006, 02:57 PM
Nice one, hope you like the wheels :p

illegalhunter
10th December 2006, 06:17 PM
well done i really like the park lane have fun

Craig
10th December 2006, 08:21 PM
I remember a conversation John had with me about your decision making.... I see she got her way john.;)

enjoy it Nenah, LOVE the seats...:approve::approve:

Nenah
10th December 2006, 10:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

well done i really like the park lane have fun

:eek::eek:

In fact, it was John who did the deal and I was in London and only found out last night on my return - pretty cool surprise!

John knew i really wanted a Park Lane and they're pretty hard to find so grabbed the chance.

Collect tomorrow I hope if the plate is swapped...finger's crossed!:D:D

Scottie
11th December 2006, 04:14 AM
you'll love the PArklane cracking Mini.:cool:

X30YES
11th December 2006, 05:52 AM
Its thew poor wee dug's I feel for :p:D;)

gill
11th December 2006, 05:58 PM
Well done Nenah .... enjoy!!! :D:D

Duncan Stewart
11th December 2006, 06:06 PM
Congrats Nenah - The Parklane is a great looking Mini :D

The Dogfather
11th December 2006, 08:09 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you round Aberdeen :D

Nenah
12th December 2006, 03:28 AM
Thanks guys!

JC's still not got the plates tranferred :mad:...hopefully collect tomorrow or Wednesday...

Too excited!!:p:p

T6 KFR
12th December 2006, 09:43 PM
Ill look out for you on the road Nenah,

JC's too ages to transfer my plates.. fingers crossed yours are quicker than mine were:disapprove:

PACMAN
12th December 2006, 09:48 PM
Good one ..... will keep an eye out for you :D;)

who will be driving it??? John :I:eek::blackeye:

Nenah
15th December 2006, 08:13 AM
STILL havent got the Park Lane yet - some numpty at JC's cashed in the taxi disc so needs to be taxed but dont have V5 paperwork as sent to previous owner who just left for Oz or something...long long story - blah blah blah - lord knows when I'll get the car at this rate!:(

In the meantime, JC's on-sold my One 7 and collected from our home on Wednesday and only after much huffing agreed to give me a (very used) Mini One (that has been superchipped?) until they can get the paperwork for the Park Lane sorted.

grrrrrrrrrr......:disapprove:

monkimagic
16th December 2006, 05:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

STILL havent got the Park Lane yet - some numpty at JC's cashed in the taxi disc so needs to be taxed but dont have V5 paperwork as sent to previous owner who just left for Oz or something...long long story - blah blah blah - lord knows when I'll get the car at this rate!:(

In the meantime, JC's on-sold my One 7 and came and turnedup to collect it on Wednesday and only after much huffing they've given me a (very used) Mini One until they can get the paperwork for the Park Lane is sorted.

grrrrrrrrrr......:disapprove:

What a carry on.

Nenah
19th December 2006, 06:34 AM
...10 days later and still no Park Lane...JC's informed me today not to not to hold my breath to get the car before Christmas...:disapprove::disapprove:..bah humbug!!!:(

What really annoys me is they collected my One 7 and then I got a call later that day to tell me about the problem with the paperwork...and given me an inferior car in the meantime!!!

PACMAN
19th December 2006, 07:02 AM
I Wouldn't have hand over the one 7 until you got the new one ;):eek::I

Did spot it when having a look at the new R56...

Nenah
19th December 2006, 07:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

I Wouldn't have hand over the one 7 until you got the new one ;):eek::I

Did spot it when having a look at the new R56...

...well, normally neither would I, but I was led to believe I'd get the Park Lane the following morning...John's getting my car back tomorrow, may speed them up!!

PACMAN
19th December 2006, 07:21 AM
Hope so :blackeye:;)

Nenah
19th December 2006, 07:26 AM
Me too...I've been so excited getting my hopes up :blackeye:...ahh, well, it will be sorted eventually! :)

jayex
19th December 2006, 07:39 AM

...10 days later and still no Park Lane...JC's informed me today not to not to hold my breath to get the car before Christmas...:disapprove::disapprove:..bah humbug!!!:(

What really annoys me is they collected my One 7 and then I got a call later that day to tell me about the problem with the paperwork...and given me an inferior car in the meantime!!!

:eek: shocking, i woulnt be at all happy either - hope you get it all sorted soon :disapprove:

Nenah
21st December 2006, 07:51 AM
:mad:...and still waiting...still no movement on the transfer and tax situation and we're away on holidays tomorrow...now miniless
!

ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

john
21st December 2006, 08:00 AM

:mad:...and still waiting...still no movement on the transfer and tax situation and we're away on holidays tomorrow...now miniless
!

ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

She is only mini'less cos we are away and without the mini cooper loan car that we now have !!!!

Keith
22nd December 2006, 02:46 AM
have a nice holiday guys, merry xmas!

Nenah
4th January 2007, 07:29 AM
....still no Park Lane....:(

Scottie
4th January 2007, 07:30 AM

....still no Park Lane....:(

how come?

Nenah
4th January 2007, 07:36 AM
They dont have the V5 documents so it cant be taxed, and they've applied for a new one - but they only applied for it on 28th December and not 2 weeks ago as I was led to believe...so god knows how long it takes!!! Very frustrating and has taken the "gloss" off my excitment waiting since 8th December!:mad:

PACMAN
4th January 2007, 08:10 AM

They dont have the V5 documents so it cant be taxed, and they've applied for a new one - but they only applied for it on 28th December and not 2 weeks ago as I was led to believe...so god knows how long it takes!!! Very frustrating and has taken the "gloss" off my excitment waiting since 8th December!:mad:

:eek::blackeye: That's shocking !!!! i hope they give you load's of extra for the long wait

KenL
4th January 2007, 06:17 PM
Disgusting customer service if you ask me.

I would be onto them for some freebies or looking elsewhere for a suitable MINI!!!

Wul
4th January 2007, 06:41 PM
Nenah - watch they don't try and reduce the trade-in value of the One 7 too due to the additional time and mileage since you first ordered the car - been there before!! :(

euan
4th January 2007, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Nenah - watch they don't try and reduce the trade-in value of the One 7 too due to the additional time and mileage since you first ordered the car - been there before!! :(

But the stealers already have that car...Keep up Wul!

ianking
4th January 2007, 07:06 PM
I would be asking for the one7 back or the money back that they gave you for it and then I would take myself down to Eastern in Edinburgh where there is a nice park lane with a JCW sound kit fitted or go to any other garage and get a park lane.

bpirie1000
4th January 2007, 07:27 PM
the problem is the One is sold Gone and away to new home...

Money back... mmmmm maybe a good Idea but you try and get a low mileage car same spec... Difficult.....

they do however have a 56 plate cooper in the meantime.... Bombing about in that is alittle Gesture.... compensation..

Bet they only get 1/4 tank of fuel as well..when they eventually pick it up..

Nenah
5th January 2007, 08:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

the problem is the One is sold Gone and away to new home...

Money back... mmmmm maybe a good Idea but you try and get a low mileage car same spec... Difficult.....

they do however have a 56 plate cooper in the meantime.... Bombing about in that is alittle Gesture.... compensation..

Bet they only get 1/4 tank of fuel as well..when they eventually pick it up..

Yep, Brian's spot on - hard to find PL with same spec with less than 2K miles on the clock; and I do have a loan car FOC in the meantime...and I have been promised some extra bits and bobs for the Park Lane but I'll see if they come good when I eventaully get the car..in fact, JC's gave me a 1ltr bottle of Vodka at Xmas time...a pickled customer = happy customer?

I'm fed up trying to point blame but its a silly stuff-ups like JC cashing in the tax disc when they'd already sold the car to us, on selling my One 7 and then telling me the story...that's frurstrating the situation!:evil:

Any day now, I'm assured...and day now...right, where did I leave that bottle of Smirnoff...???:eek:

Wul
6th January 2007, 04:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah...well, normally neither would I, but I was led to believe I'd get the Park Lane the following morning...John's getting my car back tomorrow, may speed them up!!

So what did this post mean then?8)

PACMAN
6th January 2007, 06:19 AM
Nenah - was there today and your number 7 is still there in the parking lot :disapprove:;)

Nenah
6th January 2007, 10:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

Nenah - was there today and your number 7 is still there in the parking lot :disapprove:;)

John went to get it back but because we were going to take it away to EDH and then Skye and put load of miles on it, JC's didnt want us to increase the miles and offer us the 56 Cooper with only 1500 miles instead...we did get the same trade in price on the One 7 as we bought it from JC's from 6 weeks earlier, so its not been a loss for us really...JC's have been quite apologetic and accomodating in the circumstances, I'm just frustrated with the anticipation of waiting, waiting, waiting for a Mini I've wanted for ages!!!!:(

Nenah
12th January 2007, 02:49 AM
At long last we finally have the Park Lane:)

It was a long wait but well worth it!!

illegalhunter
12th January 2007, 03:07 AM
so where are the pics then

Nenah
12th January 2007, 03:35 AM
Not taken any yet.