PDA

View Full Version : mini wave

Mako
10th December 2006, 04:17 AM
Might sound a stupid question but being a newbie I had to ask it.
Do you guys give other mini's an acknowledgement wave? I ask because the wife was driving on the A90 today and got a wave from somone in a red cooper. Just wondering as we are in the Subaru community also and the Scooby wave is a big thing.

Thanks

Russ

lomax
10th December 2006, 04:31 AM
I don't know, but i have found other mini owners waviung at me and i have only been a mini owner for 3 weeks now.

Craig
10th December 2006, 05:23 AM
Yeah, big advocate of the wave/flash. Keeps the feeling of being amini driver special and also gives you a nice feeling when someone waves back...:D:D:D

you do get some strange looks from as I call them "BMW Drivers" (ie people buying the MINI as a small BMW and not an enthusiast..;))

keep waving - you will always make someones day..:approve::approve:

The Bull
10th December 2006, 10:39 AM
Check your user manual. I'm sure mine told me that it was etiquette to flash/wave at other minis.

monkimagic
10th December 2006, 07:23 PM
Not many do it, but we all should, keep it up

illegalhunter
10th December 2006, 09:08 PM
yes i got my first ever wave friday hot lookin woman too waved back

X30YES
11th December 2006, 05:51 AM
<avid flasher:p:D

euan
11th December 2006, 05:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

<avid flasher:p:D

Less said about that the better ;)

I waved all the time, but didn't always get one back. Sometimes you would, and it was great! Keep on flashing!

gill
11th December 2006, 05:57 PM
Yup, we always wave and flash :I;)

:D:D:D

OBN
11th December 2006, 10:01 PM
The politics of waving!

'Tis the same on the bike, do Sports bike riders wave to cruiser riders. does anyone wave to scooter riders.

Then you have to choose, do you nod or wave, if you choose to wave what kind of wave. And what I always find confusing if there's a line of bikes coming towards you do you just wave at the front bike, all the bikes or randomly select some riders to wave at.

Lets keep it simple in Minis' lets all wave at each other!

Ivano
11th December 2006, 10:44 PM
Yes always give a wave/flash, but i can be amazed how many other MINI owners look at you in bemusement. I think it has changed alot over the years as when the MINI first came out everyone used to wave/flash. But now it just seems to be us enthusiasts that wave at each other.

Ivano

lomax
11th December 2006, 11:09 PM
i got a wave from a white cooper s this morning in dyce near the airport

PACMAN
12th December 2006, 12:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by lomax

and i got a wave back from the yellow one :D;)

niknax
12th December 2006, 07:56 AM
one of the reasons ive bought a mini......:)

only kidding...when i eventually get my mc...i will be waving to everyone i see....;)

Sheilz
12th December 2006, 09:04 AM
If you waved in the centre of Aberdeen the most likely response would be a blank stare the exception being those on this site. S'pose the reason being there are so many minis in the city nowadays and people in a rush to get to/home from work.

lomax
12th December 2006, 07:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

quote:Originally posted by lomax

and i got a wave back from the yellow one :D;)

oh cool, i was in a daze lol. your car is looking good. whats been done to it?

PACMAN
12th December 2006, 08:31 PM
not much.....chrome vent and some side aero skirts fitted ;)

looking for a good set of 18" wheels to fit to it for the summer :D

Dont normally like the yellow one's :I but you looked the part :approve:Very nice