PDA

View Full Version : I'M FINALLY SITTING 30MM LOWER

IVANO LE TERRIBLO
10th December 2006, 12:19 AM
Finally got my Eibach Springs fitted to the Cooper today. What a difference in both handling and appearance already particularly with the 18" alloys. (PICS WILL FOLLOW AS SOON AS I GET ROUND TO IT)

Slight panic though on my way home from Garage,on the M8 I started to hear a grinding noise from front of car arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

So i immediately called the garage with my concerns and they asked me to return to get it checked out.When they looked at it they discovered that the track rod link???? had popped out which can sometimes happen, as did this morning as when they removed my suspension today the existing rod on the car broke but they quickly sourced a new rod from Henry Bros Parts Dept this morning, which was the new part that caused me the problem on the way home MINI GENUINE PART ASWELL.However the new rod has not broken and has been put back into place and so far all is ok and no more grinding is happening at the front of the car. so everything is cool and what a relief!!!!!!

Just need to let the springs settle in for the next couple of hundred miles.

Has anybody else had problems with track rods popping out with suspension upgrades

Ivano

cooperS
10th December 2006, 07:41 AM
get the pics up really want to the ride hight.

Gismo
10th December 2006, 03:01 PM
Not track rods, they are track rod tie bars ;)
I had a couple break on my old S after fitting Eibach's, the kit came with new ones, but didn't fit them :p until they broke :I

Ivano
10th December 2006, 11:59 PM
Cheers! There seems to be no problems so far with the Tie Bar everything seems to be staying intact. I will just keep an eye on it over the next few days.

The Eibach springs are great and they certainly feel a little softer than the standard springs. Ride doesn't seem quite as harsh now.

Ivano

T6 KFR
12th December 2006, 09:57 PM
get pics up soon...i just fitted 18", and although i think it looks great with standard suspension, im keen to see the difference lowered.

However, my MCS front bumper grinds over each pothole / speed bump etc... so would hate to feel it lower:disapprove:

Ivano
12th December 2006, 10:43 PM
Will get pics sorted soon, hopefully at the weekend. The car sits so well especially at the front. Not had any problems with any scraping or rubbing although i have not been over any speed bumps yet to see if the lip under the front bumper catches on the Cooper. I'm sure it will as i had my previous 'S' lowered on eibachs and it was catching. It doesn't do any damage though, just scuffs the plastic a bit which you can't see anyway.

I highly recommend the Eibachs, and the ride definitely feels slightly softer than the stock springs.

Ivano

PACMAN
12th December 2006, 11:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

get pics up soon...i just fitted 18", and although i think it looks great with standard suspension, im keen to see the difference lowered.

However, my MCS front bumper grinds over each pothole / speed bump etc... so would hate to feel it lower:disapprove:

i've got the same problem with the front grinding on the speed bump :disapprove::(

Gismo
13th December 2006, 12:02 AM
I'm surprised the springs are softer, i'd have thought that with less height they would be stronger to support the weight :question:

PACMAN
13th December 2006, 12:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I'm surprised the springs are softer, i'd have thought that with less height they would be stronger to support the weight :question:

it might just be the Ben Nevis speed bumps in Aberdeen :I

Ivano
13th December 2006, 04:40 AM
I know it probably sounds strange saying that the Eibach springs feel softer, but i do notice a difference over bumps etc.

I swayed between the Eibachs and KW springs but they say the KWs give quite a harsh hard ride even though they lower the car more (35mm) than the eibachs.

Ivano